Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Romantic Death.

I washed my hands clean at the kitchen sink. The pool outlay before the big bay kitchen windows. This beautiful Butterfly came from intention. He moved with such purpose. Twinkle-twitter-whirlwind-spiral downward towards the jello-like watery surface. It looked as though the Butterfly and Pool had arranged this ephermeral meeting. I stopped and pondered, when is it that one actually sees nature expire like this? A bird, a bug, an animal, how often do we experience their death? Butterfly didn't even struggle or sway. He met the water with such ease, admittance and acceptance. It was like he resigned himself to the laws of existence. The same laws that govern our existence. Cells eventually de-energize and expire. For death being so common, how often do we actually experience moments of death like the twirling Butterfly?
The corpse of beauty floated to the edge of the pool. I thought it resembled something...hmmm. Ahh, yes a leaf. A life nonetheless.

1 comment:

Team ed. said...

your words made my thoughts dance in my head. i love it :)